Groups, which are established in the Attendees section, allow you to send targeted alerts to specific attendees. They do not show up on the app at all; attendees can't tell what groups they or others belong to. Also, it's important to note that you cannot send accompanying push notifications to targeted groups.
IF POSSIBLE, ESTABLISH GROUPS BEFORE ADDING ATTENDEES
If you're going to make use of Groups, it's a good idea to create them first so they are available for assignment as you're entering your attendees. This will save you a step in the long run; otherwise, you'll have to go back and add your attendees to their groups instead of adding and assigning them in one fell swoop.
ADDING GROUPS WITH THE GROUPS BUTTON
1: Click Groups
2: In the Groups pop-up, enter the name of your groups in the Create field. You can hover over the group to change its name or color, to create sub-groups, to reorder the group, or to delete it.
Step 3: Click Close at the top-right of the Groups pop-up.
ADDING GROUPS ALL AT ONCE WITH EXCEL
1. Download the Excel templates by clicking either Export > tracks or Import > Download Excel Templates. Each column corresponds to something you would add if creating the groups manually with the Groups button. Each row represents a different group.
ID - The group's unique identifier, which can be anything you like.
Parent ID - The ID of the group's parent-group, which establishes it as a sub-group of that other group.
Description - The group's name.
Color - The color of the group header in the Content Manager.
2. To add a group to the template, indicate the name in the Description column, the color (if you like) in the Color column, and input an ID. IDs are completely arbitrary and can be whatever you want them to be, as long as they are unique for each row. To create a sub-group, simply put the ID of the group it falls under in the Parent ID column.
3. Save and import the spreadsheet you are working on back into the Content Manager. Click Import > Tracks > Choose Files and select your spreadsheet.
LINKING GROUPS AND ATTENDEES IN EXCEL
1. With your Groups spreadsheet open, open your Attendees Details spreadsheet.
2. Insert the group IDs from the ID column in the Groups spreadsheet into the Groups column of the Attendee Details spreadsheet next to the relevant attendees.
3. Save the Attendees Details spreadsheet and import it back into the Content Manager.
Adding Tracks, Categories, or Groups in Excel
Note that adding tracks, categories, and groups all work exactly the same way.