Under General Settings in your Content Manager, you will find a section called Preview. Preview contains an iPhone simulator that you can use to see how your app will appear on a smart device. You will also find a link that you can click to open your app in a new browser tab.
YOUR APP IS LIVE
Your app is live and accessible the moment you activate it. It can be accessed as soon as you create it using the EventMobi app via a Smart Launch page. To view any of your changes, use the URL eventmobi.com/app/eventcode and select the Get the App option to download the EventMobi app from the Apple App Store or Google Play, and automatically launch your event information. If you do not have an Apple or Android device, you will be directed to the web based version of the app which can be added as a shortcut to your home screen.
You can also access it from any web browser on your computer or device by going to the Event App URL that is referenced on the Event Info page of your Content Manager.
CUSTOM BRANDED APPS AND EVENT PAGES
If you are choosing to host your event information from the app stores, then the app will not automatically be made accessible via this method. In order to make the app available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play, our App Release Coordinator will need to build a file that you will in turn submit to each store using your own developer account. The timeline for this process can take 4-8 weeks in total to allow for the file to be created, the app to be submitted, and for it to be approved in each store.
Changes that are made to the app's content while it is being approved and afterwards will display on the app once it is downloaded. There are some specific updates, however, that may require you to resubmit to the app store for approval. These changes can include the following:
- Any of the content appearing in the app store listing, such as the description, app name or event name
- Updating the keywords used to search for your app
- Updating the App Icon or Splash Screen images
- Changing the app's event code
If you don't see your changes reflected in the app right away, don't fret! Just give it a minute; changes should take effect automatically within a minute or two of making them as long as you're connected. If you don't see the changes in a couple of minutes (or you just can't wait to see them!), just refresh your app once or twice:
1. From your app, click the Menu button in the top left to open the Menu pane.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the menu and click Refresh App or Update App. (Clicking Refresh App might change the button into Update App, in which case you just need to click it again.) From here, you can also see how long it has been since your last update.
If this doesn't work, try clearing your device’s cache. Some functions actually require that you clear your browsing cache to take effect on your device. This helps to refresh the browser and allows you to recreate the experience of a brand new user on the app. If you're using a native app, just try uninstalling it and downloading it again.
The method for clearing your browsing cache will depend on your device and browser. You can find the instructions for clearing cache on some common devices and browsers on this website and below:
Chrome (Method 1):
1. From the Chrome menu, click Preferences > History > Clear Browsing Data
2. Make sure Empty Cache is selected along with anything else you want to delete.
3. Click Clear Browsing Data at the bottom-right.
Chrome (Method 2):
1. Click the three-bars button to the right of the URL field.
2. Click Tools > Clear Browsing Data.
3.Make sure Empty Cache is selected along with anything else you want to delete.
4. Click Clear Browsing Data at the bottom-right.
1. In the toolbar at the top, click History > Clear Recent History.
2. Select Everything from the drop-down menu and make sure Cache is selected.
3. Click Clear Now.
1. With your Safari browser open, click Safari, then Preferences, and navigate to the Privacy tab.
2. Click Remove All Website Data and then Remove Now on the pop-up.
iOS (iPhones and iPads):
1. From the home screen, tap the Settings button.
2. On the Settings screen, scroll down and tap the Safari button.
3. In the Safari Settings, tap the button labeled Clear Cookies and Data.
4. On the confirmation screen, tap Clear Cookies and Data.
1. Open the browser on your Android phone.
2. Tap the Menu key.
3. Tap the More options icon.
4. Tap the Settings button.
5. Tap the Clear Cache button.
6. Verify your choice by clicking the OK button when the verification menu pops up.
If clearing the cache does not work, please contact Support.
To ensure that you don't have to tell everyone to refresh the app, the following is a list of things that should be decided and finalized before you launch your app to your attendees. Making changes to these features after attendees have accessed (and therefore cached) the app on their devices will require them to click Refresh App to clear their cache.
• Allowing attendees to add or edit their profiles on the app through the Attendee Settings tab.
• Enabling or disabling Attendee Messaging
• Creating or editing personal schedules through Excel in the Agenda module
• Changing your event name in the Event Info module
• Changing the Polls & Feedback permissions from the Settings tab in the Polls & Feedback module
• Changing the icon, text, or background colour
• Altering and re-uploading the same map image (hint: just change the filename to get around this one!)
• Adding custom icons
• Enabling any of the security layers in the App Security module
• Changing your logos (i.e. Start Page Graphic, Top Header Logo, or Event App Icon in the Branding tab of the Customize module)
• Hiding the 'Powered By' footer for events using the White Label solution
• Changing the footer text
If you have already made a change that requires attendees to clear their cache, you can prompt everyone to refresh their app using an in-app alert, which you can release from the Alerts section in your Content Manager.